Use first name / last name in email confirmation instead of user_login
while I generally like this plugin very much, there are a few things I would love to see:
1. Could I use first name /last name as variables instead of only user_login in confirmation emails? Of course once those two are mandatory fields in the registration process. So, have something in mails like:
Howdy %firstname%, or
Welcome %firstname% %lastname%, instead of the only option `Hi, %user_login%
2. How can I insert additional variables into different email types? For example: writing a regular “new user” email allows you to send the password (%user_pass%), but you cannot send password in a user activation message! So, I would like to have one of the two options:
- After activation (sent by activation email) send another confirmation mail with the login credentials (say: for future reference, these are your login credentials:…), OR
- Possibility to include login information (%user_login% AND %user_pass%) in the activation email (say: click link to activate your account. Once activated, you can login using your credentials:…)
Is there an easy way to include one of those two possibilities, say by adding a hook? If not, would that be included into a (near) future update?
Thanks for any help
- The topic ‘Use first name / last name in email confirmation instead of user_login’ is closed to new replies.