Support » Plugin: Google XML Sitemaps » URL to my sitemap index file is showing my Dev urls. Not my live site.

  • I downloaded the plugin and and clicked on url that contains my sitemap. All the urls that are listed include dev infront of the URLS, it is also stating http, when it should be https.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Have been scrambling over the same kind of issue for hours.. the test ping to notify google came up with an old dev URL, even though the xml sitemap plugin had been directly installed and activated on the production site. More striking, (as my dev versions are numbered), this old dev url stuck to an older version number, far older than the current dev version from which the production site was drawn. So I checked the plugins that had been installed with this old version, and eventually figured out the culprit (in my case WPL PRO, a plugin for real estate). In order to set all straight on the prod site, I had to : 1. Deactivate the involved plugin (WPL PRO)
    2. Reinstall and activate Google XML plugin (which was still raising the error at that time)
    3. Reactivate the involved plugin.
    So I’d suggest you run the same tests: Deactivate Google XML plugin, deactivate suspicious plugins, Reactivate Google XML plugin and see if something better arises ..
    HTH

    Hey I actually figured it out. I needed to clear my cache, once I did that the correct sitemap was showing in search console.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.