URL changes with conversion to WP from Blogger
I’m attempting to convert my blogger.com site to self hosted WordPress. I’ve used two different plugins (one that reads my posts out of my blogger.com account and converts to WP on-the-fly, the other that creates an intermediary WRX file – both produce the same results).
In doing so, I’ve noticed two issues
1. All of my previous URLs ended in .html. These are now removed and my URLs end in a trailing slash “/”
2. Many of my “longer” URLs are being rewritten. It appears that Blogger created URLs differently than WP does, such that (e.g.)
is now NEW WP URL:
(notice the addition of the ‘tech’ at the end of the url)
Issue #1 seems like it can be solved with a global RewriteRule in my .htaccess (I’m on shared hosting), but I’m a bit clueless on the second issue.
– Is there a way to ‘force’ WP to use the existing URLs found in the WRX file vs. recreating them from the (I’m guessing/assuming) Title field?
– Or perhaps some existing script that will parse the WRX and create a “Redirect 301” output list with old and new URLs?
– Or some other approach other than me manually going URL by URL to build out my .htaccess redirects?
Thanks for any/all help!
- The topic ‘URL changes with conversion to WP from Blogger’ is closed to new replies.