I'm attempting to convert my blogger.com site to self hosted WordPress. I've used two different plugins (one that reads my posts out of my blogger.com account and converts to WP on-the-fly, the other that creates an intermediary WRX file - both produce the same results).
In doing so, I've noticed two issues
1. All of my previous URLs ended in .html. These are now removed and my URLs end in a trailing slash "/"
2. Many of my "longer" URLs are being rewritten. It appears that Blogger created URLs differently than WP does, such that (e.g.)
is now NEW WP URL:
(notice the addition of the 'tech' at the end of the url)
Issue #1 seems like it can be solved with a global RewriteRule in my .htaccess (I'm on shared hosting), but I'm a bit clueless on the second issue.
- Is there a way to 'force' WP to use the existing URLs found in the WRX file vs. recreating them from the (I'm guessing/assuming) Title field?
- Or perhaps some existing script that will parse the WRX and create a "Redirect 301" output list with old and new URLs?
- Or some other approach other than me manually going URL by URL to build out my .htaccess redirects?
Thanks for any/all help!