still doesn’t work. And I got a reply from the other thread to create my own thread but nothing here.
See this thread on troubleshooting steps to start working through:
I’ve read that several times and don’t see how any of it applies. Uploading photos worked fine before I was forced to upgrade to 3.5.
Unless you provide a link to a page demonstrating the problem, no one will be able to offer much in the way of assistance.
The pictures are in my library:
and are marked as in the post but nothing I do actually shows the pictures
We cannot see pages in your Admin area. Please post links to a published page demonstrating the problem.
here’s the post they won’t show up in.
You do not appear to have inserted any images or galleries in that post.
But I did. Countless times. And in the gallery it shows they are in the post. They just don’t show up.
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.
I can’t deactivate all of my plugins. One of them is the blogger importer.
I deactivated all plugins and it did not fix anything. Did each one at a time, didn’t help. Did them all together, didn’t help. I don’t know how to do the rest.
Switching themes means activating another one – in this case, use twentyeleven.
Read the link about resetting plugins folder.
Yes you can. There is no magic bullet in these situations. This is just the start of basic troubleshooting – a process of elimination deliberately designed to locate the root cause as quickly as possible by first removing the most obvious and common culprits via a series of (often) temporary steps.
Do you want to locate and, hopefully, fix the problem on your site? If “yes”, then please help us to help you and carry out the changes that we suggest.
- The topic ‘Uploading photos in 3.5’ is closed to new replies.