I’m a newcomer to wordpress and have been trying to use a different theme (Daily Misery) than the classic one provided but can’t get it uploaded from the new theme viewer. I don’t understand the message when I go to the page and try the command “upload theme” on the toolbar.
I was working with the following instructions but couldn’t find Daily Misery on the codex list.
To select the active theme for your site:
1. Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
2. Select the Presentation subpanel.
3. From the Select column in the table, click on Select for the theme you wish to activate.
4. To view the new look, click View Site at the top of the Panel’s screen.
Your selection should immediately become active.
Somehow I can’t get choices to include Daily Misery on THEMES in the PRESENTATION subpanel. Nor do I get the select choice from a list of themes. I was able to download a file from Daily Misery which I have on my desktop, but did not have the UPLOAD THEME choice. Do I have to reload through FTP. I understood from BLUEHOSTING that a theme was only a click away.
- The topic ‘Uploading a new theme’ is closed to new replies.