I downloaded and installed WordPress 2.0 today.
* I donwloaded the zip file and extracted all the wp2.0 files,
* created a new directory wp200 on my host,
* uploaded all the wp2.0 files to the new directory,
* copied my old wp-config.php file to the new directory,
* copied my theme across,
* even remembered to copy the .htaccess file (for the mods that enable permalinks).
mmmm not working… time to RTFM….
Once I ran the upgrade script (look at the readme.html under the wordpress directory in the zip file and search for Upgrade), the ‘copied site’ (under martin-english.com/wp200 ) worked nicely, except some of the links referred to …./whatsup instead of …./wp200. I then renamed the old site to wp152, renamed wp200 to whatsup and here we are !!
I've slowly introduced the plugins AFTER the upgrade - i don't use many - and all three work.