Please stop amending the settings when you issue an upgrade.
The last two upgrades have changed my advanced settings which has caused my an hour’s work or so. You don’t even warn that you do this.
Hey, thanks for reaching out & I’m sorry to hear about your recent issues! I would love to hear more about it, especially since we thoroughly tested this “options update” as well (and are now wondering what we’re missing)!
Have you updated to the latest version (v3.5) from the previous one (v3.4.9) or from some older version? Do you by any chance uninstall our plugin first and then reinstall the latest version or some other, unusual way?
May I kindly ask you what other plugins have you currently got installed (and activated)? Which is the blog in question?
Let us know, since we’re really eager to get this sorted once and for all! Bear in mind that our intentions were nothing but the best, which is why we’re looking forward to any additional feedback we can get!
Take care & have a nice weekend!
1./ Apologies for the shortness of the original post. I always get this wrong and should stop it. Thank you for your lovely reply and I shall always remember that your intentions are nothing but the best. 🙂
2./ The blog in question is at http://wiki.davelevy.info/
3./ I upgrade it through dashboard and try to upgrade on request. I believe that new code is less buggy than old.
4./ I use the plugins as documented on these pages,
The last page documents the fact I have used my child theme to hard code the RP short code into my archive.php. I thus need “auto insert….” to be off. (I believe you have reset this to be on in both of the last two upgrades.) I have an xml dump of my blog from just before the upgrade which I might be able to post if that would make the settings visible.
5./ While trying to set the feature right I disables themes, and now when I have enabled the theme, I don’t get the theme pick list which is part of the advanced parameters section. Thank you for making the expand/contract arrows a bit darker.
Hey, sorry for the late, too late reply!
We checked & tested it out thoroughly again, and found a small glitch when transferring the update to one of our servers, which somehow caused this error of loosing all the saved user settings, but only from one version to another. Weird, we know, but totally our fault, for which we sincerely apologize again! Next time we’ll do a better job!
Nonetheless, we do encourage you to have a backup of your plugin settings stored somewhere before making any future updates. We will test it inside out and triple check before releasing it, but I guess its better safe than sorry.
Again — sincere apologies from our team & please do not hesitate to get back to us, if you have any more questions or if I missed anything out! We’ll do our best to help you out!
Hope you don’t mind if I mark this topic as resolved, but do let me know if you do.
Take care & have a nice day!
Please mark this is resolved.
I have documented my settings; I had merely forgotten what they were and where they were.
Thanks for looking at this and once again sorry to be so snippy when I started.
Hey Dave, there’s really no need to apologize for anything, since we’re to blame for the cause of this problem. But we’re glad we found common ground on this and hopefully this will be avoided in our future releases.
In any case — do let us know if anything similar happens again or if you have any other questions regarding our service, since we’ll gladly help!
Take care & have a nice rest of the day!
- The topic ‘Upgrading the Plugin’ is closed to new replies.