Hi. I'm sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I am using WordPress 2.0.
I recently upgraded from a free trial hosting package by 1&1.com to their Linux Business Package for the express reason of having acces to more MySQL packages.
- I backed up all my website and blog files (the webspace was wiped clean in the upgrade)
- After the upgrade was complete I set up a new MySQL database
- I changed the wp-config.php file to reflect the new database settings the new database
- In wp-config.php I first tried both leaving the host as 'localhost' and when I try to view my blog I get the following error:
"Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down."
- When setting the host as 'db368.perfora.net' (as it is given on the 1&1 info page for the database) I get the ffollowing message:
"It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php."
I think I have done everything right, and though I have only been blogging three months I hould hate to lose what I have written so far. 1&1 technical support has not been helpful. Any suggestions most appreciated.