Support » Fixing WordPress » upgraded – now getting db error

  • Resolved silent1643

    (@silent1643)


    just upgraded to 2.3 and getting this error on on particular post – not sure why

    “WordPress database error: [Table ‘littleblog.wp_terms’ doesn’t exist]
    SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN (‘category’, ‘post_tag’) AND tr.object_id IN (3) ORDER BY t.name ASC”

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • also this in my dashboard
    “WordPress database error: [Table ‘littleblog.wp_categories’ doesn’t exist]
    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wp_categories”

    Sounds like the upgrade.php process didn’t complete.

    Consider forcing a database upgrade.

    it said it did…when i went to upgrade.php
    can i run it agian

    The error you presented said that wp_terms doesn’t exist so yes, I’d force the database upgrade.

    very well – i will post back

    can you elaborate on this? i am in phpadmin under the right table/value

    “Once decremented, when logging into your blog a lnik to upgrade the database is offered.”

    What do you see for the value in db_version in the wp_options table? If it is 6124, then change it to 6123. Then redo the upgrade.php.

    Also logout of your blog before doing this.

    Silent, are you using the Google Sitemaps plugin?

    okay that fixed the post error, but not the dashboard (which i really dont care if its there as long as it doesn’t fubar anything)

    no the plugin is not active

    got it fixed, the “mydashboard” ajax plugin was causing the error in the dashboard – all good now thanks

    Yes I’m getting this also on upgrading a local install of WP to 2.3. OK I’m not an SVN expert but I’d previously done an svn co on tag 2.2.3, this time round it was just a svn sw 2.3 … all appeared well.

    ran wp-admin/upgrade.php

    then…

    WordPress database error: [Table ‘wp.wp_terms’ doesn’t exist]
    SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN (‘category’, ‘post_tag’) AND tr.object_id IN (302) ORDER BY t.name ASC

    OK so I checked the wp database in mysql and sure enough 3 new tables: wp_term_relationships, wp_term_taxonomy and wp_terms.

    I’m not that ruffled as I have a full backup of everything. But it would be good to understand what fell over.

    just do a force upgrade furrtrap – login to your database with phpadmin, browse and find the db_version value and change it to one number down. save then upgrade

    @silent1643

    Just checked db_version in wp_options, confirm it is currently 6124. Will roll back to 6123 and re-run upgrade.php…

    brb

    Mmmmm…

    Just followed the forcing db upgrade link. Logged in as Admin, clicked on Options tab (thinking there was something in there with db version)…

    It sorted itself out automatically. Footer says 2.3.

    All OK. 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘upgraded – now getting db error’ is closed to new replies.