Upgrade yields 401.3 errors on all WP areas
No matter what page or folder I attempt to pull up in a browser I get a login dialog which pops up stating:
Enter username and password for “” at http://www.soundunreason.com
And yes the quotes are empty. I have tried using the administrative password from when I set up WP previously (which was working to gain access to the administrative sections of the site) and I have tried some AD accounts just in case. No username and password combination gets me anywhere.
If I cancel the Auth Req’d dialog I get:
You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.
Please try the following:
* Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
* Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 401.3 – Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
Technical Information (for support personnel)
* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
* Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Access Control, and About Custom Error Messages.
This is true even if I try to visit the readme.html file located in the root of the blog.
The remainder of my site seems to be unaffected (and yes I know my site barely qualifies to carry that title–give me time).
This isn’t a general server support forum. This issue isn’t related to wordpress and therefore this topic will be closed. After you’ve fixed your server please feel free to come back to these forums for any of your wordpress related problems.
- The topic ‘Upgrade yields 401.3 errors on all WP areas’ is closed to new replies.