Did the auto upgrade to 3.1
Immediately got the following error
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_cache_get() in /home/content/*********************/wp-includes/functions.php on line 336
Nothing works. Will attempt to roll back. Hopefully not a problem.
Your upgrade did not complete successfully. Try:
– switching to the Twenty Ten theme by renaming your current theme’s folder in wp-content/themes using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides. You may need to access /wp-login.php to get this to kick in fully.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin.
– re-running the upgrade manually.
It seems to be one of my plugins that I cannot do without. So, is there a way for me to cleanly go back to the prior version?
Hi, I’m having the same issue after upgrading to 3.1. I’ve disabled all plugins as suggested, and I have TwentyTen as the only theme.
The one “unusual” thing I have is the WP-HIVE plugin to support multiple domains with single install.
I get the exact error with the exact line: Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_cache_get() in /public_html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 336
I had the same problem and was able to get back in by resetting the plugins folder as linked above, but if I try to revert I receive the error again. I am also running WP-Hive, so I’m curious what other people are experiencing.
I’ve been able to verify that WP-Hive is at the very least one of the culprits, and that’s even without activating it. Just moving the Hive folder into the plugin folder will cause this error.
I’m having the same problem and indeed something went terribly wrong with WP Hive. I have tried to restore older version without any luck. I can enable my main site by renaming or moving WP-Hive plugin folder but that doesn’t help me getting my other sites back up.
Anyone using IRC? we could try to sort this out ASAP.
It’s a problem with the WP Hive plugin. Please contact the plugin author.
It seems like the plugin calls a function too early.
The plugin creator has quit. A lot of users are having this problem and for those who do use the wp-hive plugin, it is a crucial plugin to have.
I had exactly the same problem and also narrowed it down to wp-hive.
It’s a shame cos it’s a great plugin 🙁
Does anyone know of a suitable alternative to wp-hive? Preferably one that’s supported? Or maybe someone knows how to correct it…
just download the previous version (3.0.5) and replace 3.1 with it via ftp. it works.
Alex, Did you mean version 0.6.0? I see no reference to version 3.x of wp-hive
no. forget about wp hive. sad but it’s dead. i meant downgrading wordpress in order to make the sites still work anyway until a better solution is found. no changes in db were made during the update so everything will be ok.
those who use wp-hive cannot do without it.
The problem can easily be solved by going back to wordpress 3.05
You need to download it, then upload it by ftp, then extract its content.
Then move your:
- wp-config and
- htaccess files.
from the current location to the “wordpress” new folder.
You also need to move 4 folders in wp-content folder:
then rename the extracted folder to the name of your site, or public_html if its in your root.
I fixed this problem with wp-hive and now have it working with WP 3.1. I modified two wp-hive files.
db.php (in the wp-content folder)
if ( ! defined('ABSPATH') ) die("Hmmm..."); //require_once( ABSPATH . WPINC . '/wp-db.php' ); if ( ! defined( 'WP_PLUGIN_DIR' ) ) define( 'WP_PLUGIN_DIR', WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/plugins' ); global $wpdb; if ( !isset( $wpdb ) ) $wpdb = new wpdb( DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD, DB_NAME, DB_HOST ); if ( file_exists(WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/wp-hive/do-prefix.php')) require_once( WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/wp-hive/do-prefix.php');
do-prefix.php (in the wp-hive plugin folder)
Commented out two function calls in the last few lines:
//wphive_force_plugin_active(); // Check if this is a fresh install and fix Siteurl for proper redirect //wphive_siteurl_for_install($wphive->current_site->path, $table_prefix, $orig_hostname, $wphive->current_site->host);
I realize more changes are needed to add and initialize new sites, but at least this works with existing installations.
- The topic ‘Upgrade to 3.1 – wp_cache_get() issue’ is closed to new replies.