This is partly in response to benjancewicz question with the hope that it helps others. Also, I am leaving out what DID NOT work.
First, these are plugins I had installed:
* Image Slider
* Lightbox 2 (deactivated)
* User Access Manager
* Widget Wrangler
* Cforms II
* Tierra Audio Playlist
* Slideshow Gallery Pro
(1) I used FTP to rename \plugins to \plugins-hold and created a new, empty \plugins folder.
(2) I logged into admin and found the Plugins menu notifying me that the plugins could not be found and were deactived.
(3) While still logged into admin, I used FTP to rename the empty plugins folder to \plugins-sav and renamed \plugins-hold back to \plugins
(4) I refreshed the Plugins admin and everything showed up as Deactivated.
(5) I did a Network Activate of the plugins one by one and, sure enough, on choked! It was Tierra Audio Playlist.
(6) Without logging out I used my (still opened) FTP window and dragged Tierra Audio Playlist into \plugins-sav.
(7) I refreshed the Plugins admin and it came back. The menu gave me the same "not found" error for the Tierra Audio Playlist plugin.
(8) I dragged the plugin back from \plugins-sav to \plugins, refreshed the Plugins admin to find Tierra Audio Playlist back again, but deactived.
(9) I did a proper Delete of Tierra Audio Playlist.
CONCLUSION: As of this posting, Tierra Audio Playlist was only tested up to 3.0.5. If I were to make any recommendation it would be (1) to deactive all plugsin that are not specifically ready for 3.1 and then bring them on-line one-by-one ... with an FTP window open (2) and, (benjancewicz and others), I recommend un-doing what ever you did in phpMyAdmin before trying this procedure.
Hope this helps. Good luck everyone.