I upgraded to 3.0 from the previous most recent 2.x version.
Everything seems to have been upgraded nicely. The blog works, etc.
But the Visual Editor seems broken now.
Whenever I try to Add a New Post, or even Edit a previous post, the Visual Editor is broken as follow:
- I click on Add New Post
- The page loads, and I can see for a brief second the toolbar from the Visual Editor appearing, then it disappears right away.
- If I type in the Visual Editor, nothing seems to show. If I click on the HTML editor, I can see the text and codes. Clicking back to Visual Editor makes the whole editor frame disappear.
To solve the issue, I tried (without success):
- disabling all plugins, tried editor. no success.
- disabling all plugins, closed Firefox, tried Internet Explorer. No success.
- disabling all plugins, then re-enabling all plugins, tried editor. No success.
- disabling blugins, cleared broser cache & cookies, tried editor. No success.
- disabling my wordpress theme, activating default theme, tried editor. No success. Then re-activating my theme.
Now, here's the curveball: I have three wordpress installed on my server. I upgraded all of them to 3.0, from 2.x latest version. TWO of the wordpress have the Visual Editor Broken problem, but the third wordpress is OK (its Visual editor works fine)!! I am totally puzzled.
What am I overlooking?
Thanks for the help!