Support » Plugin: WP Offload Media Lite for Amazon S3, DigitalOcean Spaces, and Google Cloud Storage » Upgrade from 2.3.2 to >= 2.4 runs out of memory

  • Resolved Ian Barnes



    We’re attempting to upgrade the plugin from the current 2.3.2 version to anything greater than (or equal to actually) 2.4. This results in the site timing out and in the error-logs, I get a memory limit error. I’ve tried upping the memory limit, but to no avail.

    The error:
    Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 182', referer:

    I am very sure its the plugin, I’ve tried removing it entirely and re-installing and get the same result, I’m guessing due to the number of existing files?

    Its a MU WordPress site, running WP version 5.5.3. EWWW Image Optimizer 5.8.2 (Latest).

    PHP version 7.3. Apache 2.4

    Any ideas as to what’s causing it?


    • This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Ian Barnes.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Delicious Brains Inc.


    Any ideas as to what’s causing it?

    No idea I’m afraid, would require the kind of digging in that isn’t feasible here.

    I recommend trying with WP Offload Media Lite 2.5.1 as there were some important fixes in that version.

    If that doesn’t help, please snag yourself a license and contact us via the Support tab in the plugin or license entry in your account page on our site and we’ll dig in to the problem with you.




    Ian, did you find the cause of the issue? We’re updating our website and have exactly the same problem right now 🙁 Tried updating to 2.5.1 directly from 2.3.2, everything blew up.
    It runs out of memory, and when given “enough”, it runs out of execution time.

    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by paulinab.
    Thread Starter Ian Barnes


    @deliciousbrains Thanks for taking the time to reply – I’m seeing how I can budget to do this – very keen to get this resolved! And I have tried with 2.5.1, I tested through various versions to find where exactly the break started happening and it was in 2.4

    @paulinab – Nope, no joy as of yet… would be keen to hear what you found in addition…

    Thread Starter Ian Barnes


    Just a quick note that this was resolved with the upgrade to Version 2.5.2, so must have been something else in the system conflicting that was patched in 2.5.2!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.