This is based on a few bumps I had tonight. Thanks to the help from the Lizard and the Duck! 🙂
NOTE: THIS IS AN UPGRADE FROM WP 0.72 to WP 1.0!
Here’s what I did to get it going:
1. I unzipped the archive on my local PC.
2. I took the settings from my backed-up wp-config.php file and manually updated the wp-config-sample.php file.
3. I deleted all of the WordPress files and folders on my web server AFTER MAKING A COMPLETE BACKUP OF EVERYTHING.
4. I uploaded all of the new WordPress 1.o files and folders to my web server.
5. I changed the name of wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php.
6. I pointed my browser to /wp-admin/upgrade.php and ran the script.
7. I loaded up my blog on my browser, and logged in.
I hope that this helps someone.
- The topic ‘Upgrade from 0.72 to 1.0’ is closed to new replies.