I figured out the issue here thanks to a poster on my blog. There's a few piece of code I had to replace in the database that I accessed via MyPHPadmin. It may be because Yahoo is my blog host.
Here's the step-by-step if you're intersted thanks to WP user unplugged.
Where am I going with this? I fixed my (Yahoo-based?) problem like this after going through the Codex (INCLUDING BACKING UP EVERYTHING!):
1) Log into your Yahoo account
2) Make sure you have phpMyAdmin installed. What is this? Don't know if you have it installed? Click here.
2) After you are sure it is installed, from the Web Hosting Control Panel go to the Manage tab
3) Click File Manager
4) Open the SQLadmin folder
5) Click on index.php. This will open your SQL database login screen.
6) Log in. You are now in the phpMyAdmin tool.
7) Back up the database where your blog is. If you do not know how to do this, go here:
8 After you have done this (or, like me, you were so mad you just didn't care anymore) open your blog database by selecting the appropriate choice from the list on the left.
9) You will see a table named wp_categories. Click on the little "structure" icon to the right of the table name.
10) A list of table fields comes up. Great. Now what?
11) Open up another browser window and go here. You will see a database description for wp_categories if you scroll down a bit.
12) This list is a little longer than the one you see in your SQL database. We need to add the missing items.
13) Under the list of fields in the database is a hard-to-see (for me, anyway) section that allows you to add fields. With the At End of Table button selected, click 'Go'.
14) You will now name the new field link_count, set the type to BIGINT, the length to 20, and the default value to 0. Save your changes.
15) Do steps 13 and 14 with posts_private and links_private.
16) Get out of the phpMyAdmin tool and check out your site. If there is still no change, change your theme to something else, and then back again. Sometimes I have to do that to get things to "take".
Like I said, I am not an expert in any of this but I stumbled upon this solution and it appears to work for me so far.