I upgraded to Slimstat 3.3 today and since then it is not seeing visits to my site. I see lots of traffic on google analytics real time but it is not showing up on slimstat. My site is http://medtwice.com/
It's definitely tracking visits, but for some reason it's not displaying the reports correctly. Could you please contact our support team so that we can investigate?
Thanks for looking into this. Pardon my ignorance but I don't know how to contact the support team.
Here you go
You've got mail.
Sorry for hijacking another's thread but it seems i'm experiencing the same problem.
Site: Earnings Area
Ah, I think I might have found out part of what's wrong. Slimstat doesn't appear to always write a value into
wp_slim_stats.browser_id and instead the field gets filled with
0. However, the query that generates the listing in "Overview" seems to ignore those cases where
browser_id = 0. I manually changed a
0 in that column to something else (i.e. an existing value form
wp_slim_browsers.browser_id), and the record appeared in "Overview".
I guess this has got something to do with the BrowserCap related changes. Some UA strings get the
wp_slimstats.browser_id and others do not.
Thanks for all the responses, any idea how to fix the problem?
Canu is already on it, as it looks like from reading his responses to you.
Same here, not seeing any visits annymore. Happy to see this had already been picked up by dev
Same thing here. I downgraded to version 3.2.5 again
Yes it doesn't work anymore.
Who wants to test the new 3.3.1 before it's released? If you said 'Me Me!', contact us
@Carbeck, you were right. The issue was related to that.
@med, are you sure you haven't excluded your IP in the filters settings or logged in to WordPress when you checked yourself from another computer? Because those accesses aren't counted for me either, and correctly so.
Anyway, part of the problem – at least for me – seems to be that browser/OS combinations that aren't yet in the database are recorded correctly: an entry is made in the browsers table, and the corresponding ID of the user-agent is entered into the browser_id cell. So if you've freshly set up Slimstat, you might not actually experience any problems. However, Slimstat seems to fail in looking up already existing browser/OS combinations and thus writes 0 to browser_id. These lines are in turn not gathered by the query that generates the "Right Now" and "Spyview" lists, so nothing appears instead of e.g. 'unknown browser/OS'.
But anyway, the bugfix for this is already on the way as it seems from reading the above posts. Thanks for always providing fixes for major bugs as soon as possible, camu! I only wish that more bug testing would be done before releasing new versions. Rough transitions happened several times in the past 8 months that I've been using Slimstat.
@carbeck: I am sure that my IP is not excluded. My visits are not logged on my main computer because I am logged in as WP user when I am on it. However, on other computers I don't log into WP and therefore, my visits are logged.
BTW, I reinstalled SlimStat 3.2.5 just a couple of minutes ago to check whether this is an issue with SlimStat or WP itself. I then used another browser on the same computer to access my site, and the visits have been logged. There is 4-day-gap between the last logged visit and my visit today, so no data has been written to the database when I upgraded to 3.3 until today, when I downgraded again. I already considered that maybe, during these 4 days, there just have not been any people to my site. However, at the moment I am using Google Adwords to draw attention to my site, and according the Adwords stats, there actually were people clicking on my ads.
@carbeck, I wish people could test SlimStat before it's released, too! I usually try to contact a few people who have volunteered to test it, but often I don't get any response from them, so I have little choice but test it by myself ;)
@med, I'm pretty sure that 3.3.1 will solve this problem.
@camu: Thanks for the time and effort you've put into this so far. I really like your tool and I'll keep 3.2.5 until 3.3.1 is published.
I'm waiting for those who volunteered to get back to me about 3.3.1 :)
same problem :(
@med: Could you please explain how to uninstall 3.3 and install 3.2.5 and not to lose stats data?
@memographer: Sorry for the late reply. You have to download the 3.2.5 package from the plugin site (go to Developers -> Other Versions and choose 3.2.5). This is a zip file, and in my case installing it via WordPress didn't work. I unzipped the file and then uploaded it via FTP. If you click on overwrite, your settings won't be changed, nor will the database be changed. Good luck.
@med: Thank you very much for the instructions!
Version 3.3.1 is out. Please see if it solves your issues!
OK, I've updated to 3.3.1 and it doesn't work for me. I've checked from my own computer (used a different browser where I am not logged into WordPress), from another computer and my mobile phone. Visits don't appear in the SlimStat dashboard nor in the database. I've done downgraded to 3.2.5 again, and visits then appear in the dashboard and the database.
Looks like the problem is solved here. Many thanks!!
This topic has been closed to new replies.