When I tried to add more variations(not properties) to a product, I’ve noticed that it’s not really updating but creating new combination and deleting the old one. Here are the steps that I’ve taken if you want to follow.
– Add more variation to a product that has already variation assigned to it.
– click the “Update Variation” button.
– Pay close attention to the variation list, you’ll see the new variation combination and the old variation combo minus one.
– When you click the “Update” button under the publish dialog box at the top right side, this will correct or remove the old variation combo to the list.
– The old variation combo was not updated but deleted out from the database and the data or settings are not transfer to the new combo.
The question here is, what if I already set up all the parameters I need for all my products and after a couple of days decided to implement new variation and apply to some of the products that has already variation parameters, this means I will be loosing those settings because the original variation combo was taken out from the posts table?
I’m using WordPress 3.1.2 and WP e-Commerce 3.8.2
- The topic ‘Updating variation’ is closed to new replies.