What worked for me (WP 3.5.2) and the blank screen issue was to just:
- Use cPanel / Plesk / FTP / Whatever to delete the mu-plugin file and rename the /plugins/plugin-organizer folder to plugin-organizer-bak
- Go to your wp-admin and then to your plugins
- Tick the box that selects all plugins, so all are selected
- Drop down box - select "deactivate" and bulk actions -- hit "Apply"
All plugins are now deactivated.
- Install a fresh copy of plugin organizer and activate it
- Go to your wp-admin / settings / plugin organizer
- Last option on the screen, under "MU Plugin File", select "move" and then "submit"
- After you've moved the file to the MU Plugins folder, go to your wp-admin / plugins
- Tick that same box to select all plugins (but uncheck the plugin organizer option)
- From the drop-down box select "activate" and then bulk actions, "approve"
- Selectively deactivate the plugins you want to keep, but want deactivated.
- Go back to your /plugins/ directory and delete the plugin-organizer-bak folder that you had renamed
It only took me about 2 minutes to do all of that. But it worked, and it was a lot easier than what it seems like.