Can’t you just upload the theme zip file using this URL?
I’m sorry hearing you are having problems with your theme, however, I will be happy to help you fix your problem.
There are several ways to go about this issue. I will explain the two simplest ways.
– UPLOADING OF .ZIP FILE.
This method is very easy and the most simple way to upload and install/update your WordPress Theme. In preparation to this method, please make sure your folder, containing the new theme, is converted to a .ZIP file and placed on your desktop.
Once that is completed, lets get started:
1. Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Go to the left sidebar, find Appearance and click on Themes.
3. Next, find and click on the Install Themes link in the top of the screen.
4. Then, just below the Install Themes link you will see a link named Upload and you click on it.
5. Now, click Choose File and find the .ZIP file with the new theme on your desktop. Click on the .ZIP folder once and then click on the option; Choose, in the right button corner.
6. Thereafter, you click Install Now on your WordPress screen. (Depending on the size of the theme the upload may take a few minutes. Please be patience during that time and wait until the upload is complete)
7. Once the theme is uploaded, you are redirected to a new page where you need to click on the link; Activate.
The theme is now installed and ready to use. If this method fail, there may be a problem with the files found in the theme folder.
– USING FTP:
Hopefully you know how to use FTP, if not, the information below will not help you.
In preparation to this method, please make sure your folder containing the new theme is a regular folder (not a .ZIP file) and placed it on your desktop.
1. Login to your FTP and find the directory for your domain and double-click on it (the directory could be look something like yourdomain.com).
2. Next, double-click on the directory named; wp-content.
3. Now we will see a directory named; themes.
4. You you go to your desktop and click on the theme folder and drag it right above the themes directory in your FTP program, and then drop the folder (make sure the plugin’s directory is marked blue before you drop it, in order for you to insure the right folder is selected)
5. You can now go to your WordPress Dashboard.
6. Find and click on Appearance in the left sidebar
7. And finally, find the theme and click on the activate link.
Once again, if this fail there may be a problem with the theme. If there is, please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email moderated] and I will be more than happy to help you further.
Thanks so much for the detailed instructions, the wordpress way didn’t work for some reason, but I managed to get it with FTP.
Glad it worked out with the FTP!
Feel free to write me if you get any further questions, you can also check out my website if you need more advanced help @ my website with website ideas 🙂
I’m wondering if I could have your assistance on one more problem, I have just updated my site and now the only page visable is the index/home page. All the others are still in my wordpress dacheboard but for some reason they are not online.
Do you know what I can do?
Thankyou in advance
Yes sure, no problem!
Can you send me your URL. I think I know what the problem is, but I just want to make sure, before we start moving things around 🙂
Thanks a lot.
I like your theme! It looks great!
There are two things that I think could be the problem. Either the permanlink settings or there may be a problem with the installed theme.
Try to go to the left sidebar, find settings, find permalink, click on the permalink link and add in /%category%/%postname%/ in the Custom Structure, and click save changes. – If this doesn’t work, there may be a problem with the theme.
If you feel comfortable, you can email me your FTP login info + your wp-admin login info + plus the place where you downloaded the theme and I can go and take a look.
Please know that I’m a professional WebDesigner and that I have absolutely have no interest in your private information! To find my reliability you can check out my website at: http://www.Col323WebDesign.com
You can send me the info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If, however, you do not feel comfortable (and I do understand if you don’t since I am a complete stranger to you) to send me your information, you can of course hire me to fix the problem. The process will be a bit different but fast, very cheap, simple and secure.
Excellent. Thank so much for you time, managed to fix it in the permalink section.
Perfect! Glad it worked 🙂
Please don’t hesitate to write if you have any other small bugs you need to fix or if you want to use my SEO service to promote your new website 🙂
- The topic ‘Updating theme?? how?’ is closed to new replies.