Support » Plugin: WP GPX Maps » update version 1.7.01

  • The last update of plugin caused issues on my website (crashing, no possible changes on pages at all) and after speaking with the web hosting provider I had to deactivate it and to install a previous version 1.7.00. Hopefully the next update solves it. Thanks.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • I have the same Issue.
    The Problem is caused by lines 252-254 in wp-gpx-maps-admin.php:

    
    <!-- The First Div (for body) ends in the respective file for the corresponding tab -->
    

    This comment is added to all ajax request and results in parsing errors.

    I confirm the problems with the plugin 🙁

    The plug-in generated 91 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you also get an error containing the text “headers already sent”, or other problems (eg with the display of the RSS feed), try disabling or removing this plugin.

    Definitely an issue with this plugin update. Was getting JSON errors with WPDatatables and DIVI would not save pages. Deactivated this plugin and everything working again.

    Also the same problem as majestixx has described will will rever to older version again

    Thanks @majestixx for the fix.
    This bug was causing problems with my media library.
    The library would display ok in List mode, but did not work in Grid mode. All it showed was a spinning “loading” icon. Your comments about ajax helped me realize the media library grid error was an ajax issue.

    This is what I get from the plugin

    ‘Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function registerXPathNamespace() on boolean
    in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.de/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps-utils.php on line 535’

    And then follows an extremely long error stack listing WordPress and Genesis conflicts.

    Ergates

    (@ergates)

    Hi,
    same problem here. All ajax calls fail.

    If you are feeling brave, you can just delete the rogue comment and blank lines.

    Remove these lines from the end of the file public/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps-admin.php

    ?>
    
    <!-- The First Div (for body) ends in the respective file for the corresponding tab -->

    I recommended removing the PHP closing tag. “?>” It is optional – leaving it in could still cause problems with the additional blank lines at the end of script.

    nb Just noticed a pull request already in place with the same patch as my suggestion on Github

    • This reply was modified 4 days, 2 hours ago by MortimerCat.
    • This reply was modified 4 days, 1 hour ago by MortimerCat.
    KlokanSoft

    (@klokansoft)

    @mortimercat
    Hi,
    Thanks to my problem is solved, great job! 😀

    Thank you so much !!! IT WORKSSSSSS

    Nope. Deleting ?> caused a “critical error” on the website.

    The really weird thing is that the plugin only partially fails.

    It works here: https://klosterweg.smmp.de/von-der-abtei-koenigsmuenster-zum-bergkloster-bestwig/

    It fails here: https://klosterweg.smmp.de/vom-bergkloster-bestwig-zur-abtei-koenigsmuenster/

    • This reply was modified 2 days, 1 hour ago by Andreas.
    • This reply was modified 2 days, 1 hour ago by Andreas.

    @sauerland If I look at the page source for the one that fails, it starts “<!– The First Div (for body)…..

    You still have the line lurking in your script. Maybe it is being cached? or you have a modified version. Maybe try a grep in the wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps folder

    grep "ends in the respective file" *

    (I will just mention, I know nothing about GPX maps apart from a couple of maps I posted years ago on my blog which suddenly stopped working).

    • This reply was modified 1 day, 23 hours ago by MortimerCat.
    • This reply was modified 1 day, 23 hours ago by MortimerCat.

    @mortimercat
    I restored the ?> after the “critical error”. Clearing all caches doesn’t change anything.

    Now I took out

    ?>
    
    <!-- The First Div (for body) ends in the respective file for the corresponding tab -->

    completely and cleared the cache again. No change.

    @sauerland Removing the code as above is fixing one of your problems, I can see that the page no longer shows those lines.

    Unfortunately you have an additional second problem somewhere, which may, or may not be, gpx related. You will need to go back to your error logs and see if they are giving any different messages now.

    Hi @mortimercat ,
    the plug in works. It don’t give me errors when I active it. But when I try to load a file .gpx the browser gives me this answer:

    Bad Request
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Apache Server at http://www.crocedivetta.com Port 80

    • This reply was modified 1 day, 1 hour ago by elliot81.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.