Support » Plugin: Plugin Organizer » Update breaks site

  • Resolved ssiddiqi1


    Update breaks the site. I cannot even access Admin panel. I have to ftp and delete the Plugin organizer. The error log file showed following:

    [21-Jun-2013 18:32:38] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object in /home5/bostonde/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 271

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Plugin Author Jeff Sterup


    I’m not seeing any issues on any of the sites I’ve tested it on. That function is unrelated to my plugin so that doesn’t tell me what is causing it at all. Can you manually remove the MU plugin and try to reactivate it? Does it cause issues on the front end or just the admin?

    It causes issues at both, i.e. front and back ends. Site gets HTTP 500 error. I saw that error in the error_log file. I ftp and remove the plugin, then site came back. After updating to WP 3.5.2, I do not have issue. With 3.5.1 it does return error and that error is due to your plugin. I deleted the error_log file and reactivated plugin organizer. The error file reported same error.

    Plugin Author Jeff Sterup


    So it works after you upgraded to 3.5.2?


    Plugin Author Jeff Sterup


    Ok. I’m running 3.5.1 and had no issues upgrading to this version. I thought some people might have issues since it is such a big change to the underlying code. But it does work a lot better. Once you get it going. 😉

    Plugin Author Jeff Sterup


    Make sure you check that your settings are what they should be. Everything moved to custom post types. As always do a backup before upgrading.

    Anyway, I cannot test again, because I upgraded to WP 3.5.2. Issue was with 3.5.1. and Fix was deleting the plugin by ftp’ing to the site.
    Thanks for the great plugin.

    I have also had the same error – as soon as i upgraded i got the above error. I renamed the plugin folder vie ftp then the site works again. I then upgraded to WordPress 3.5.2 and activated the plugin and now the errors are back.

    A quick update – i have just deleted the plugin entirely and then reinstalled from the WordPress plugin repository and all seems to work now.

    Thanks for the troubleshooting steps. I experienced/restored exactly how ssiddiqi1 and jayseventwo described.

    Same issue as OP, including same error message. Now holding back from upgrading your plugin because I’m unwilling to lose my existing settings.

    Before finding this thread, I attempted to upgrade the plugin this morning without upgrading to WP 3.5.2. Got the error message reported by OP and 500 error.

    Deleted your plugin, site returned and ran normally. Uploaded the old version of your plugin from this morning’s backup, and site still worked fine.

    Upgraded to WP 3.5.2, tested site with no problems. Your plugin’s former version ran fine through the WP upgrade and after. Again attempted to upgrade your plugin; site again went 500, returning same error in line 271. Deleted plugin to get site back (effective) and then again uploaded my last backup’s version of the plugin instead.

    Site runs fine. Honestly, I’m happy with the way the plugin works. I’ve also got many, many page-specific configurations of plugins using your plugin, so if the only fix is to delete it completely and do a fresh install, I’m not willing to do that just to get your new version at this point.

    If there is a way I can do a fresh install of your plugin from the WP repositories yet retain all my old settings, including existing post/page-specific configurations, great. If not, I didn’t think the plugin was broken before and will stick with your last iteration of V.2.

    I think it’s the mu-plugin, delete it and let the plugin copy it again by itself. Global options seems to remain, while url specific options are deleted.

    I didn’t delete the MU plugin … I just uploaded it manually, and the URL specific options are there — you have to look on your sidebar, near the top.

    It now says Plugin Filters and that’s where it’s located.

    Plugin Author Jeff Sterup


    It was a call to get_permalink in the activation function of the PluginOrganizer class. It should be resolved with version 3.0.9.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Update breaks site’ is closed to new replies.