Support » Plugin: WooCommerce » UPDATE 3.0 changed to English language

  • Resolved werfewr

    (@werfewr)


    Hello, we have our PO and MO file in /www/wp-content/languages/plugins and its called woocommerce-cs_CZ (.po .mo) and woocommerce is now comploetely in english after 3.0 update.. Can you please help us fast?

    BTW something is in english and something is in czech.. its completely messed up. Possible to make it great again?

    • This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  werfewr.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Plugin Author Mike Jolley

    (@mikejolley)

    Looks like it needs some work/contribution https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/woocommerce One it hits a certain % threshold WordPress installs/downloads it automatically.

    https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-localization/

    But there was already completed translations of strings like billing details. Wtf why are they missing now, and why the loco translate translations are not working anymore?? We had completely custom translation and it doesnt work now.. why?

    Plugin Author Claudio Sanches

    (@claudiosanches)

    The translation need to be updated in: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/woocommerce

    Looks like the translation editors are not updating anything from the last 6 months https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/cs/default/wp-plugins/woocommerce

    Should be good reunite the community to help they translate it.

    Plugin Author Claudio Sanches

    (@claudiosanches)

    @werfewr because the file from loco is override by the translation from wp-content/languages/plugins

    same problem… the whole backend is now in english…

    I also have this issue. I have a child theme with a folder wp-content/languages/woocommerce, but since the Update certain strings are still in English. What needs to be changed to make these files load again?

    Plugin Author Mike Jolley

    (@mikejolley)

    Check the case of your string translations. They are case sensitive.

    I never have done any translations in woocommerce… just installed the german wordpress and installed woocommerce. and now the whole woocommerce backend is english. What can I do? Or should I just wait if there is a new translation file that is downloaded automatically?

    I just wondering, where the „old“ translation file is?! It is okay, that if some strings are not translated in a new version, that they are missing… but even the old strings are now in english… everything is english. wtf.

    Plugin Author Mike Jolley

    (@mikejolley)

    You can install them manually if they are not complete enough to be downloaded automatically https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-localization/#section-5

    cool, thank you! It would be great for futher versions, that if the new translations aren’t ready yet, the old version remains… 🙂

    Mike, all my translations worked before. And now since the update, a lot of it is in English instead of German.

    Also, I just checked and the regulat woocommerce po-file that is in /languages has the strings translated in German, but they are not in German in frontend! For example the string “Billing details” on the checkout page. In the po-file it is in German (Rechnungsadresse), but in frontend it is English.

    Plugin Author Mike Jolley

    (@mikejolley)

    It’s case, I’m pretty sure. Claudio is posting a sticky topic soon with some tips. But the translation files need updating either way.

    Okay, I checked – you are right. In the default German po-file the source string is “Billing Details” whereas the string in frontend shows “Billing details”. But with Poedit you cannot change the source string…

    I have the same issue.

    After 3.0.6 uptade the translate files dont work properly. I tried to use another language .mo file, like spanish, and the ploblem is exactaly the same, some strings does not match even with the .mo file 100% translated. I also have tried to re-translate the original language.3.0.6-english.pot file and it also doesn’t work.

    So I updated my other store and the same problem have ocured, the woocommerce-pt_BR.mo doesn’t workproperly. Now I will try downgrade.

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  xnk.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘UPDATE 3.0 changed to English language’ is closed to new replies.