[Resolved] Unwanted characters (& -> #038)
I searched the whole web, but cannot solve this problem…
Whenever I enter a &-character into my post (in HTML editing mode), this char gets translated to
I have no clue where the #038 is coming from. It seems this is the UTF translation for &. But why is & AND the #038 shown? Example:
1. WordPress 3.0.1
2. mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.32, for pc-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 5.2 (debian)
4. DB collation for all tables: utf8_general_ci
5. DB type: utf8_unicode_ci
6. wp-config.php: define(‘DB_CHARSET’,’utf8′); define(‘DB_COLLATE’,’utf8_general_ci’);
7. HTML template header: <meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=UTF-8″ />
So I do use UTF, so what am I doing wrong?
When I look into the DB with phpmyadmin, the post conent actually IS showing as test in the browser. It seems like somehing adds the #038 really late (during the page rendering?).
Please help, I am stuck.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Unwanted characters (& -> #038)’ is closed to new replies.