Odd question from a newb.
I am using the free 'folder' theme, it's basically a portfolio type theme...and I've finally gotten everything working the way it should all by my lonesome, but a couple things are really bugging me and I could use some guidance/understanding in resolving them...
1) This is the oddest one. Here goes:
When I was first uploading images to my media library, I would:
1 load the images
2 make a 'work' page, click load image and choose an image from the
library, and then test.
(something was happening to several of the pages here that I didn't
notice til later...)
3 I finished all the uploads and page creations and started testing again,
and patted myself on the back that everything was...well, no it wasn't...!
Here's what was happening:
Whatever sample page would load fine, and the image would
display perfectly, BUT - on some pages, down in the right corner,
there were two small dots, the first filled orange, the second
white. If I clicked the second button, it would actually present me
with the the related header image that was being used for the Lof
slider on the front/home page. If I just left it for a moment, it
would also transition by itself to the second image.
Now, this is very cool, and it's clearly a feature of SOMETHING
that I inadvertently enabled. (The only extensions/widgets in the
theme that I'm aware of is the Lof Slider and FlexSlider...) The
only way I was able to get rid of it, was to trash the 'work' page
and re-create it.
BUT I love the feature, and actually want to be able to USE IT on several pages that could really benefit from having some related images presented together in that fashion! I've tried everything I can think of to re-create the effect, but no go. All this is
dynamically generated, soooooo.....
The work pages only support the adding of one 'featured' image
I decided not to be a complete moron, and before I re-created the pages in
question, I loaded one of them in chrome, viewed source and copied it and saved
it in BB Edit.
Then I loaded that code into Dreamweaver and checked it out and found
what I believe to be the culprit. I'll paste it here...: