Several times I have realized I don’t really understand how pages work differently than posts wrt. the underlying database. Today this was driven home when I updated my database tables to not use wp_ as the default prefix. Everything went smoothly — except all of my pages lost their assigned templates. I poked about through the database a bit, but realized I don’t understand how pages are stored differently from posts well enough to fix things quickly. I wound up re-assigning each page’s template, but would like to understand why I had to do this as I suspect it will come up again in some context.
- The topic ‘Understanding pages in the database’ is closed to new replies.