Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » Unclosed CDATA Section… grr

Unclosed CDATA Section… grr

  • I’ve had this problem in the past, but I’ve always found a culprit. I thought I recalled finding a solution in the forums in the past, but I can’t today.

    My feed (http://o2b.net/feed/) has an unclosed CDATA section. I know it has to do with the most recent post, but I’ve picked it apart for an hour, I can’t find what specifically is causing the problem.

    This happens on a frustratingly regular basis.

    Any thoughts?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I discovered the same on my site today.
    Something between the 10th and 20th post was unclosed. How do I fix this problem? I went and changed the display to only serve out the last 10 posts and now the culprit is gone. But if I turn it back to disply 20 posts in the rss we are back to the <Unclosed CDATA> error.

    I am using 1.5.2

    P.S. the search this site option has not worked for me since the release of 2.0 came out! I have to go to google and do a site search from there.


    I found this issue that changes the closing cdata to ]]> I have no idea why they do this in WP…

    You might want to try commenting the line in the function in wp-includes/template-functions-post.php file line 57 –

    // $content = str_replace(']]>', ']]>', $content);

    That might fix your problem…

    Why this exists in there i dont know as ‘if’ you wantted that kind of function it should be applied as a content filter!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Unclosed CDATA Section… grr’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar