I’ve been trying to log in to both my web site and blog (both on WP) and am getting an invalid username or password messages on both.
The last time I logged in was December 10th, everything worked fine. I’ve made sure my passwords and usernames are correct.
– I’ve cleared cache and cookies
– Tried from both Safari and Firefox
– Deleted wp-login.php and re-uploaded a new file from a fresh download
– Also tried changing my password in PHP MySQL version 5.0
My web host is 1&1 if that helps.
I can see my usernames, passwords and email accounts in MySQL via 1&1, everything looks correct.
What has me really worried is, when I ask the system to reset my password or send a new one and enter my email address, it says no user is registered with that email address. Nothing has changed on my end that I know of.
I am on a Mac but have used it on this laptop before without a problem. I can’t figure out what to do but am now unable to access my main website or blog.
Sorry if this is something simple I am overlooking, I have been troubleshooting and researching for several hours and am out of options.
Thanks so much!
- The topic ‘unable to log in to any WP sites – wrong username or password error’ is closed to new replies.