Support » Plugin: The SEO Framework » Unable to get to SEO settings in v4.0

  • Resolved Mr. Uncredible

    (@theuncredibles)


    I updated to the newest version and immediately was unable to get into my SEO settings in the admin panel. Every time I clicked on it it would just take me to my dashboard, my title and meta descriptions also showed 0 characters despite being filled out properly.

    My WordPress installation is up to date and my PHP version is 7.3.7, not sure what the problem might be.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    Hello!

    Thanks for updating 🙂

    In the detailed log we explained that some caching plugins may be stubborn, and do not flush the site’s cache when we request it.

    So, once you manually flush your site’s cache, the upgrade should be able to finalize. After that, you can reaccess the settings page.

    The caching plugin may also cache static files in your dashboard, which could explain why the counters are stuck (new character counter files are not loading in…). So, I hope the cache-flush will also resolve that. If it doesn’t, let me know!

    I had same issue. I cleared my browser cache and worked.

    Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    Thanks for sharing those details @mastmast!!

    Here’s a shortkey trick we use to clear the browser’s static-file cache for any site:

    Windows: CTRL+SHIFT+R
    Mac:     CMD+R
    Thread Starter Mr. Uncredible

    (@theuncredibles)

    Clearing the cache did the trick!

    I did try clearing the cache last time, but only from the “Cache Enabler” plugin. This time I also cleared my PHP Opcache, Autoptimize cache, Asset Manager cache and purged my CDN just to cover all my bases.

    Thread Starter Mr. Uncredible

    (@theuncredibles)

    Actually, I was wrong. Clearing my cache did allow me to get into the settings on my admin panel, but the issue of all my titles and meta info showing up as 0 characters, even if they were manually filled out and not auto generated did not go away.

    Rolling back to the previous version fixed the issue.

    Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    Thanks for digging, @theuncredibles!

    Did you make sure the homepage title additions location is flipped back again to where it should be? It’s a caveat when downgrading from 4.0.

    Could you help us out in finding the culprits of the technical issues you’ve experienced?

    As we moved to a modern scripting architecture, I think you might experience some browser-related issues. Do you know which browser version you’re using? It will help us in trying to replicate the issues you’re experiencing.

    Lastly, which “Asset Manager” caching plugin did you use? There may be suboptimal settings present that may conflict with our new scripting architecture.

    Thank you!

    It was the same for me. I cleared all browsing history from Chrome and now it works OK.

    However, when I updated the TSF plugin on my local WP installation, the Settings page worked even before deleting all the browsing history.

    Maybe the trick is that my local WP installation doesn’t use any caching plugins.

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by lemming2030.
    Thread Starter Mr. Uncredible

    (@theuncredibles)

    Everything looked to be in its correct place after downgrading.

    I’m using “Asset CleanUp: Page Speed Booster”, but I doubt that’s the issue as it’s not used for anything in the admin panel, and the plugin doesn’t even list The SEO Framework as a plugin to disable.

    Thread Starter Mr. Uncredible

    (@theuncredibles)

    Also, I’m using the latest version of Chrome.

    Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    Hello again!

    My apologies for my absence.

    We’ve compiled a list of solutions for scripting issues. I hope there’s something listed that resolves the problems you were facing.

    Cheers 🙂

    Thread Starter Mr. Uncredible

    (@theuncredibles)

    Everything appears to be working now, I noticed an uptick in the version number to 4.0.1 (maybe those changes fixed my issue) and everything looked normal before I went ahead and cleared my browsers cache, just to be safe.

    Thanks for the quick responses!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to get to SEO settings in v4.0’ is closed to new replies.