I have been unable to find the solution to this problem so I am posting it as a bug report here on this forum. If there is a better place to submit this kind of feedback, please enlighten me.
Problem Description: I am unable to associate my wordpress account with my Facebook account.
Preconditions: Installation of wordpress on a publicly accessible server with only one user account (the default created when it was installed). A Facebook account created and configured. A Facebook App created, configured (the Debugger in the Facebook plugin doesn't show any errors), and approved.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to Facebook
2. Log in to your wordpress installation
3. Click on Facebook->Social Publisher
4. Click on link "Add a Facebook account to your WordPress account"
5. Scroll down to bottom to see Facebook Account heading (note that there are two links displayed: "Associate my WordPress account with my Facebook account" and "Associate my WordPress account with my Facebook account and allow new posts to my Facebook Timeline")
6. Click either of the two links that start "Associate my WordPress..."
Expected Outcome: (not sure but probably some sort of login screen to authenticate against Facebook or maybe a list of connection options and ultimately the two accounts are associated)
1. A small window sometimes displays very briefly
2. The links are replaced momentarily (1 second, roughly) with the text "Please save your edits by submitting the form"
3. The above text is then replaced by the original links, as if nothing actually happened
Server Software: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
App ID: 624346840992724
Thoughts and Questions:
- Instructions on how to debug this plug-in would encourage other developers to help fix it.
- All I really want to be able to do is publish notes on my timeline whenever I publish a new blog post. I know there are other plug-ins for this, but I'd like to use the "official" plug-in.