Support » Plugin: Freesoul Deactivate Plugins » Uh oh.. the stack went Crashola

  • Resolved freq32

    (@freq32)


    my hunch is it was the firing order. how to nix that from the functions?
    (possibly a per page setting/conflict with global deactives)

    and what is the recommended firing order for this stack:

    ADVANCED ACCESS MANAGER
    BLANK SLATE
    CONTACT FORM 7
    CUSTOM CSS JS PHP
    DISABLE GUTENBERG
    ELEMENTOR PRO
    ELEMENTOR
    FLYING PAGES
    FLYING SCRIPTS
    FREESOUL DEACTIVATE PLUGINS
    IMAGIFY
    KIRKI
    META BOX
    RAW HTML
    SHINS PAGELOAD MAGIC
    VARIATION SWATCHES FOR WOOCOMMERCE PRO
    WOO ADVANCED SHIPMENT TRACKING
    WOO PERMALINK MANAGER
    WOOCOMMERCE PRODUCT SORT AND DISPLAY
    WOOCOMMERCE SHOW ATTRIBUTES
    WOOCOMMERCE
    WP ASSET CLEAN UP

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author Jose

    (@giuse)

    Hi @freq32

    please, can you add more details about your problem?
    Why have you changed the firing order?
    The firing order section is there only if you have problems with a plugin that should fire before or after another plugin. If you have no problem, you should not touch those settings.

    If you want to restore the original order as given by WordPress and you don’t remember it, you can activate a plugin. You can e.g. deactivate Freesoul Deactivate Plugins and activate it again.

    As written in the Firing Order settings page:

    “Plugins should use action hooks to run code in the desired order. Change the firing order if you really don’t have other cleaner solutions.

    Remember that every time you activate a new plugin, you may need to change and save again the firing order according with your needs.”

    Well you made the interface so nice I just couldn’t help myself in reordering those to what I thought was logical. ๐Ÿ™‚

    (Perhaps put a “are you sure?” warning over there, for those tinkering like me)

    But that wasn’t the problem. The problem was underlying in the theme and woocommerce, and your plugin was simply a point of breakage. I have fixed the underlying issues, reactivated your plugin and so far so good.

    Edit: The point of breakage may still be an issue, and it happened when I custom edited your settings from a Woocommerce Product page. That was the first time I had used that (usually I use the global grid). That was the point it all crashed. Thought I should mention.

    So happy I still get to use my favorite plugin. Dude you’re awesome.

    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by freq32.
    Plugin Author Jose

    (@giuse)

    Hi @freq32
    thank you for the information.
    Now I understand why you changed the order ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, maybe an additional warning is not a so bad idea.

    As I understand now all work right, but you think that editing the FDP settings in a single product page triggered an issue of the theme/WooCommerce. Is it right?

    Can you add more details about the issue?
    Was the issue occurring only on that product or on the entire site?

    After saving the product, have you noticed that the disabled plugins for that product were different in the global Singles Settings?

    If the problem was solved disabling and reactivating Freesoul Deactivate Plugins, I can say that it was caused by the order settings, because the reactivation doesn’t change anything in the Singles Settings or in the Single Product Settings.
    These last settings are only deleted when you completely delete the plugin, but only disabling and reactivating it, they are not touched.
    The order settings has no impact on the global Singles Settings/Single Product Settings, and the global Singles Settings/Single Product Settings have no impact on the Order Settings.

    Maybe saving the single product you have disabled fewer plugins than when you were disabling them with the global Singles Settings.
    This is just a hypothesis, I still don’t know the issue, but imagine this scenario:
    – you have WooCommmerce and an add-on that depends by WooCommerce
    – in the global settings you disabled the add-on
    – you changed the order in a way that the add-on fired before WooCommerce
    – all was still ok because the add-on was disabled
    – then you saved the product, but with the add-on active => error because the add-on was firing before WooCommerce (or if you disabled WooCommerce, without WooCommerce)
    – then you deactivated/activated the plugin restoring the original order (add-on firing after WooCommerce) => problem solved

    Could it be something similar to the scenario above?

    It could have been. Our setup is not conventional, the homepage is not really wordpress and that’s not normal (its for sitespeed).. so this will take some time to untangle (i have that snapshot loaded on staging, and will try to replicate)

    I’ll let you know what I find. thanks

    -Mark

    Plugin Author Jose

    (@giuse)

    Hi @freq32
    thanks to you.
    I suppose you haven’t found anything. If so I think we can close this thread, and if in the future you have again issues you can open a new one.

    freq32

    (@freq32)

    Yes the problem wasn’t your plugin, and after updating the ajax and site security everything is fine. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.