I am experiencing unpredictable behaviour from the User Access Manager (UAM). My preferred setup is like this:
Category named ‘Oranges’
write: admin only
Category named ‘Apples’
Read: uam group ‘private’
write: uam group ‘private’ + admin
When I create the group ‘private’ and apply that group to the category ‘Apples’ it won’t work. This is logic because now users in the group ‘Private’ indeed have access to the ‘Apples’ but they will also have access to ‘Oranges’ since this category has no group restrictions at all.
So I created a second group called ‘Admin’ with read access all and write access only group users. I applied that group to ‘Oranges’ so that category should not be editable to other groups. But guess what, it is! In fact the users within the ‘Private’ group have access to all categories.
I experienced this problem before and after extensive research I decided to recreate the categories and user groups and that did the trick. All worked as expected. Now all of a sudden (230 users registered meanwhile) the same bug appears. When I change the read rights for the ‘admin’ group to ‘only group users’ the editing permissions are back to normal but of course nothing appears on the front side.
To create custom roles I use role editor but that is not the problem because when I simulate the situation on a demo server it works well. This demo server uses the same versions (latest wp & uam) so I don’t think it could be caused by any updates.
I’ve been shifting settings in all ways but I can’t get it back to normal..
- The topic ‘UAM unpredictable edit access conflict’ is closed to new replies.