Support » Plugin: Slider, Gallery, and Carousel by MetaSlider - Responsive WordPress Plugin » TypeError: Cannot set property ‘transformOrigin’ of undefined

  • Resolved wcampbell

    (@wcampbell)


    When trying to edit an existing slideshow I cannot add new slides and the Metaslider page is throwing the following error:

    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘transformOrigin’ of undefined (app-3-17-1.min.js)

    Looking in the JS console, it references 3 relevant lines 25189, 25238, and 17294

    Please advise!

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thread Starter wcampbell

    (@wcampbell)

    Anticipating a common issue, I’ve disabled each plugin sequentially without affecting the error so I don’t think it’s a compatibility issue…

    Plugin Contributor kbatdorf

    (@kbat82)

    Hi,

    Do you happen to be on SiteGround hosting? I’m aware of this issue but it’s going to require rewriting a large portion of the code, so I need another week at least.

    Thread Starter wcampbell

    (@wcampbell)

    We are in fact hosted by SiteGround. Thank you for confirming and I appreciate your attention. For the time being, we are able to swap out existing slides so we’ll make do until you’re able to put out a patch.

    Plugin Contributor kbatdorf

    (@kbat82)

    Ill try for mid next week.

    Could you also ask SiteGround to look into it? I’ve seen this issue 5 times this month and the only thing each user has in common is their hosting company.

    I don’t have an account there so unfortunately I can’t reproduce the error.

    Thread Starter wcampbell

    (@wcampbell)

    I’d be glad to start a ticket with SG, is there anything you’d want me to express other than what we’ve already discussed above (actually, I can link to this thread too)?

    Plugin Contributor kbatdorf

    (@kbat82)

    The issue is related to our implementation of FontAwesome conflicting with another.

    If you have experience using the browser dev tools you can inspect our settings page and see a FontAwesome kit being loaded in presumably by the host (search the word “kit” or “awesome” on the dev tools console)

    I’ve only seen it from screenshots and some back and forth with other users though, so I’m not able to completely describe the issue as I don’t have access to it directly.

    One user changed hosts and the issue disappeared, and others have disabled all plugins/themes to no avail.

    My guess is that SG has added an mu-plugin that loads in this script. You can check by going to the plugins page and at the top filtering by “must use plugins”.

    If you’d like, you can FTP to that file and share it here (gist.github.com then share the url). But make very very sure the file doesn’t have any sensitive data before sharing it here.

    Thread Starter wcampbell

    (@wcampbell)

    Here’s some pertinent contents from SG’s response:

    We are not using the Must-Use plugins and we are not implementing any changes to the site’s fonts. We have such a feature, for optimization of fonts in your SG Optimizer plugin but it should not be causing the issue because I temporarily disabled the plugin but this did not help.

    I double-checked the setup and noticed one more potential issue. I disabled the NGINX Direct Delivery but this didn’t help as well. With that action, all optimizations that we provide for your WordPress application were disabled and therefore the issue should not be related to our setup.

    Plugin Contributor kbatdorf

    (@kbat82)

    Hi,

    Sounds like they took the time to investigate. That’s great. Is this the plugin they reference? Any change if you disable it all together?

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/sg-cachepress/

    Have you tried disabling all plugins? And switching themes?

    It would be too much of a coincidence that every one with this same issue happens to be on SG. Then again, 2020 is known for surprises!

    Are you set up with a local dev server or anything you could clone your site too? It would just quickly rule out the host being the issue.

    I’ll see if they have a trial or generous refund policy and I’ll see if I can reproduce it on SG directly.

    Otherwise, I don’t mind removing our FA implementation. It will just take a few days.

    Thread Starter wcampbell

    (@wcampbell)

    Hi again,

    Yes they’re referring to the plugin you linked, but disabling it had no effect.

    UPDATE: after the recent Metaslider update, the TypeError referenced above is gone! It seems I can add new slides again 🙂 Thank you!

    However a new error replaced it: Uncaught ReferenceError: metaslider_notices is not defined (admin.php)

    It only seems to appear after I dismiss the notice.

    Plugin Contributor kbatdorf

    (@kbat82)

    That’s interesting… I haven’t changed anything that would have fixed the issue. There is a user in our pro support with the same issue now (also on SG), so I’ll see if the update fixes it for them too. Thanks for the follow up!

    I’ll look into that other issue now. We removed some of the advertisements so it could be that something slipped up there. I’ll follow up.

    Plugin Contributor kbatdorf

    (@kbat82)

    Hi,

    I identified the bug related to metaslider_notices and just released a patch. Let me know if you still have issues. Thanks for the feedback on that.

    The other user reported that the update didn’t fix anything for them, so I wonder if it’s something random, or if SG changed something. If it comes back, please let me know. I’ll move forward with the fix I think will work anyway, but it will just take some time.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.