I was using Twitter Tools 1.1b1 for a long time, I never felt like upgrading until recently when I wanted to add @reply filtering and saw that there was a 1.2b1, so I upgraded to that, and it stopped working entirely. I tried deactivating the plugin, wiping the option parameters in MySQL, etc, etc, but nothing would get it to start capturing Twitters again, nor would it post blog posts to Twitter. (I even looked in the database: it wasn’t capturing Tweets to the internal database, either.)
I waited two days, and found 1.5b1 and hoped it would be my savior, but there was PHP5 code in it so it really didn’t work, until I enabled PHP5 on my server and… it still didn’t work. It doesn’t, hasn’t, thrown any errors at me (aside from that PHP5 error), and according to the prompts my login works fine. I thought that maybe my Twitter password (16 characters) was too long, so I changed that, but no dice on that either.
I went ahead, again, and wiped the MySQL option parameters, and even went so far as to delete all 2,800 twitters in the AKTT database, just on the off chance that something was wonky there, and reinstalled it, set it back up, and nothing.
Until about an hour later when I checked my site and saw that TT double-posted the day worth of Twitters, and I got excited, thinking: sweet! it’s working! poorly, but working! But I removed the double-posts and it hasn’t worked…
… until a few minutes ago, where it seems to have posted an @reply (which I have set to exclude ON) and it looks like it’s capturing Tweets to the database (with the wrong dates it seems) but not posting them to the blog (category ‘twitter’) (except for that @reply it wasn’t supposed to post to begin with).
I have no idea what is going on. I’m scared that if I revert to 1.1b1, it just wont work, either.
- The topic ‘Twitter Tools No Longer Working’ is closed to new replies.