I just installed this plugin, enabled file change detection, and ran into the same issue. It brought my site and server to its knees.
Since I could not even get to the admin panel to disable file change detection in the plugin, I had to disable it in the WP database. Here's what I changed:
<your name here>_options
SELECT * FROM '<your name here>_options' WHERE option_name = 'bit51_bwps'
Within the option_value column (there is a very long string stored there with all the BWPS settings), change the value:
Then restart your web server (Apache or otherwise) and you should be set.
I hope this helps!