Hi Jeremy. I didn't mark this as resolved -- unless I did it when I was super tired late at night and don't remember ... lol ... Well, all Jetpack functions work except for the Publicize one. Whenever I post an issue on any forum ... if I find a resolution, I'll post it for posterity in case others have similar issues.
The site I'm working on now started as a little Facebook blog, but now has tens of thousands of followers. And FB is connected to Twitter. So all I really wanted was the ability to connect to Facebook. But I'd like to get Jetpack working so I could connect to other Social Media sites like Google +, YouTube, and others, now that I'm making a site.
I did get the ability to publish to Facebook working, however. Although the plugin is old and not updated, I got it to work after adjusting it. I did 2 things:
- I downloaded this plugin: http://blog.yeticode.co.uk/post-to-facebook-plugin/
- After installing the plugin, it didn't work right away. I went to Appearance > Plugins.
- Find the Post-to-Facebook plugin you just installed.
- Click Edit.
- Find the two (2) instances of "Facebok".
- Just add the extra "o" in there, so it's "Facebook".
After doing this, a "Publish to Facebook" button appeared in my posts, and worked fine once I allowed popups from Firefox ... so the Facebook thing could pop up. And of course, post to your FB page and choose your page, don't just post to your timeline.
Hope this helps in some regard ... but still haven't gotten Jetpack Publicize to work, although I'd like to!