Steps I have taken:
1. Setup subdomain at registrar secure.mydomain.com
2. Pointing subdomain to my nameservers
3. Setup subdomain in cpanel secure.mydomain.com without redirection
4. Installed Postive SSL successfully for secure.mydomain.com
5. Installed fresh install of WP 3.5.1 to /public_html
6. Set permalinks to http://mydomain.com/sample-post/
7. Installed dev version 3.4.0b of HTTPS plugin and enabled
8. Configured HTTPS plugin SSL Host for secure.mydomain.com
9. This automatically updated the first line of URL mapping to:
http://mydomain.com to https://secure.mydomain.com and saved.
10. Checked both Force SSL Administration & Force SSL Exclusively and saved.
It seems that it only works after I copied my WP install to:
My goal is to only have the admin pages on SSL that is configured for secure.mydomain.com
What am I doing wrong? If I logout and go to mydomain.com and click on the login link I am taken to https://secure.mydomain.com/wp-login.php so the URL mapping looks like it is working. Do I need to enable redirection in cpanel for the subdomain secure.mydomain.com? If so to what?
- The topic ‘Trying to setup URL mapping with ver 3.4.0b’ is closed to new replies.