If anyone can help I@ll be eternally grateful.
I’m trying to set up a new page template; it’s identcal to the standard one except for the fact that it points to a new header file I’ve called ‘header1.php’. The only thing ‘ve changed in the header is to substitute:
<html <?php language_attributes(); ?>>
<html dir=”ltr” lang=”es”>
– as a couple of the pages on the site are in Spanish and I want to reflect this.
To call the header into the template, I’ve used the following (I@ve left the comments to put it into context):
* Page Template
* This template is the default page template. It is used to display content when someone is viewing a
* singular view of a page (‘page’ post_type) unless another page template overrules this one.
* @link http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages
* @package WooFramework
* @subpackage Template
<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . ‘/header1.php’); ?>
I’ve placed the header1 file in the same driectory as header.php.
The problem now is that a large chunk of my page structure disappears, notably the navigation and layout box… it’s driving me up the wall, but not really being asu-fait with php, I’m stuck.
Thanks in advance
- The topic ‘Trying to create new page template’ is closed to new replies.