Troubleshooting WordPress 3.1 – Master List
17-March – This post has been updated with all the information provided in subsequent posts. I also broke it out into per-topic posts so is easier to update.
Remeber DO NOT requests support in this thread. We can’t move your posts, so we will just delete them.
So OMGWTFBBQ!? WordPress 3.1 broke everything?
Remember to be calm, be patient and be respectful. Volunteers are out here to TRY and help you, but we need your help too.
The standard debugging methods always apply:
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the Twenty Ten theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– If all else fails, manually upgrade. Download a fresh copy of the latest.zip file of 3.1 (top right on this page) to your computer, and use that to copy up. You may need to delete the wp-admin and wp-includes folders on your server. Read the Manual Update directions first!
If you have the EXACT same problem, feel free to chime in on someone else’s topic. If you DO NOT have the exact same problem, DO NOT use someone else’s topic! It’s actually better to make your own topic most of the time. Also, if the topic is marked ‘resolved’ you should make a new topic. We don’t patrol resolved ones as often. Make your subject line descriptive “All permalinks broken since 3.1” instead of “AUGH! HELP! YOU SUCK!” (yes, real subject lines).
- The topic ‘Troubleshooting WordPress 3.1 – Master List’ is closed to new replies.