Support » Plugin: Ultimate Member – User Profile, Registration, Login, Member Directory, Content Restriction & Membership Plugin » Troubleshooting Ultimate Member Password Reset: Invalid Link Error for Specific

  • On our website, there are around 50-100 password resets every day. Only 80% are successful; the remaining 20% encounter issues such as ‘Invalid Link’ or ‘Link is unavailable.’ This problem appears to be isolated, making it challenging to pinpoint the exact bug responsible. Resetting the password manually often results in success, but we continue to receive emails reporting that it doesn’t work.

    It’s worth noting that our website doesn’t employ a caching plugin, and we use the ‘nofollow’ attribute with the ‘rel’ attribute set to ‘nofollow’ for the password reset links: rel=”nofollow” href=”{password_reset_link}”.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Support Aswin Giri

    (@aswingiri)

    Hello @dharylbajenting

    Can you please try theme/plugins test on your site? Do you notice any difference in the url when compared to working link and not working link?

    Plugin Support yuriinalivaiko

    (@yuriinalivaiko)

    Some hosting providers have built-in caching tools on their servers. Investigate the Password Reset page headers using the browser developer tools. What is the value of the “Cache-Control” header? Are there other headers related to caching?

    Could you provide an example of the password reset link from the email? Some mailing services replace links in emails to count link clicks.
    Thanks

    Could you provide an example of the password reset link from the email? Some mailing services can replace links in emails to count link clicks.

    Thanks

    Thread Starter dharylbajenting

    (@dharylbajenting)

    @yuriinalivaiko

    We have added the Cache-Control directive to the .htaccess file for the /forgot-password page.

    # Exclude the “forgot-password” page from caching <If “%{THE_REQUEST} =~ m#/forgot-password#”> <IfModule mod_headers.c> Header set Cache-Control “private” </IfModule> </If>

    Despite this, we are still experiencing password issues in some users (isolated cases). We have observed that every time we update the plugin, it causes significant bugs, particularly with the password-reset functionality.

    We have also made adjustments to the redirection URL in the class-password.php file. After a successful reset, it now redirects to /login. This change was necessary because redirecting to /reset-successful-login was leading users to an invalid link, even though the password had been successfully changed. Although this particular issue has been resolved, we are still encountering problems with the password-reset functionality.

    Thread Starter dharylbajenting

    (@dharylbajenting)

    Here is our website link:
    https://ochre.org.au/login/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.