I am trying to set-up WordPress on a Mac MacOS x 10.6.2 and I am stuck. I am using MAMP and used a tutorial at http://www.recordpc.com/mac-os-x-snow-leopard-install-local-wordpress-using-mamp and I am down to #7 which says:
Now open your working WordPress site and finish the configuration.
Which pretty much means nothing to me. Also in setting up the database, it wants the number of fields, and I have no idea what to enter.
I can open the readme file at: http://localhost:8888/wordpress/readme.html
And see the the following
Installation: Famous 5-minute install
1. Unzip the package in an empty directory.
2. Open up wp-config-sample.php with a text editor like WordPad or similar and fill in your database connection details.
3. Save the file as wp-config.php
4. Upload everything.
5. Open /wp-admin/install.php in your browser. This should setup the tables needed for your blog. If there is an error, double check your wp-config.php file, and try again. If it fails again, please go to the support forums with as much data as you can gather.
6. Note the password given to you.
7. The install script should then send you to the login page. Sign in with the username admin and the password generated during the installation. You can then click on 'Profile' to change the password.
OK, line 5 doesn’t do anything. I have tried opening in FireFox and Safari. Firefox does nothing or gives an error and Safari just shows the php code.
What do I do from here?