Thank you for taking time to respond to the queries/clarifications. I really appreciate your time and effort.
I have these issues to report and not sure if others are having the same issues though.
1) The moderation works - Admin can approve new users post-registration.
2) But, the configured customized email doesn't go to the user after successful registration.
@detoner , @TLLitherland and @imfromio
There are couple of things i believe the plug-in automatically does -
1) Assigning "Subscriber" role for the new user. I believe this is done because this is the least privileged role in WP. I think this is a better behavior than assigning some random role. Agree?
2) Whenever a new user is created, you can see them under "Users > Inactive Users" in WP admin. Admin can activate or delete and can do whole bunch of other operations on this new user.
3) New user cannot login, until Admin takes a definitive action. After all why do you need moderation, if you let the user login?
Hope this helps.
I did try "Profile Builder" plug-in too. Except those sociable fields, in terms of other fields, this plug-in does a good job. May be Profile Builder Pro has better flexibility, not sure.
Is there a way to integrate the WP User fields into the standard form instead of adding new fields for these.
I think this is good because, the users won't see new form elements on their WP user profile upon login. This behavior goes well with my thinking. But may be not for others.