I need to know if its possible to set up a site like this using WP: dolcevita.no
I find it tricky because what I need is a site with...
- multiple post pages, while WP can only give you one - where excerpts of each post appears automatically on a "group" frontpage (like in one normal blog - but I need more than one).
- where I can have different sidebars for each page group
A brief explanation:
Dolcevita.no is a guide to Italy, where the subpages under "Italia" are the region pages - and under them you'll find the pages about local places. (Eg. Italy -> Toscana -> Siena)
- I need the ability to post new stuff on each and every of the region pages (Toscana, Umbria, Sicilia). That's my challenge. Possible?
(On for instance the Toscana page, each post about local places (like Siena) would be accessible via "Read more" links - just like in a normal blog, so that's straight forward.)
- Furthermore, on each region's page (like "Toscana") I would like just Toscana sidebar elements to appear.
- The very best would then be if the headlines and a thumbnail from the latest Italy posts could appear automagically on the very front page.
(In addition there are a handful of other main pages (like the "Italy" page) where I would like to post things, but these are more static.)
I've discussed this with the guys at the WPmu forum, which believed it should be acchievable using "simple" WP.
Frankly, I'd hate the idea of turning my back to WP and go for some other solution, lie Joomla (sorry for swearing...) - but I need some input on how to make it happen.
Themes, sets of plugins, structure - any suggestions are highly appreciated.
In hopes that I've managed to explain myself...