[Resolved] Translation support
I would love to contribute the code changes for gettext support, the German translation and the platform at https://translate.foe-services.de for further language support.
Ever thought about moving to GitHub? Would be much easier to contribute for the community.
there’s so little displayed text – if you give me pointers, show me some examples on how to add the locale text changes, I’ll give it a go myself.
I did make some changes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lq7tm4o7lky19ph/widget-logic-gettext.zip
I hope your version control detects the changes
Thank you so very much – I really appreciate that. It’ll take a bit of integrating it into the latest dev version, but not a great deal.
Will it take much to add to the list of languages? Apologies – this is probably easy to lookup.
Looks like I’ll be doing a live update soon (cos of 3.5) so I will be adding this in, so expect a credit!
Just run this
xgettext --default-domain=widget-logic --language=PHP --keyword=__ --keyword=_e --sort-by-file *.php
in the plugin folder.
You will get a .po-file which is actually the .pot-file.
Rename it to widget-logic.pot and send it to me so I can add it to the translation platform.
I will do a German translation and set up a few more open languages. From the platform you can download all language files after they are translated completely (or partially).
As soon as the deployed version allows it I will set you as “Project manager” so you can add new languages and have more rights on the platform.
thanks – i remembered there is a ‘generate POT file’ function for WP plugin repository users, so I’ve done that.
Check out the DEV version now, and see if that works right – i’ve left in your two -de_DE files…
Let me know so I can release this asap with the 3.5 fixes in it too.
looking pretty good but I found one mistake in my German translation. Correction: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6cyue3z8zzadug/de.zip
Except for that it looks ready 🙂
i’ve checked those in to the main repository
will work on a release very soon
Additions in dl:
1st: To give the translation the finishing touch I found how to translate the description displayed on the plugins page in the wp-admin area.
http://www.viper007bond.com/2011/09/11/translating-wordpress-plugin-details/ -> added
Domain Path+ refreshed .pot, de.po, de.mo, project@translate
2nd: added translation link to readme.txt
3rd: bumped tested wp version to 3.5
Added it to the dev version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z8z5uhpmt2d1hs/widget-logic-last-changes.zip
A few things for you to consider:
Plugin URIin widget-logic.php to http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/widget-logic (its more or less the standard/ best practice + your author link still brings the user to your site)
foe-services-labsto Contributors in readme.txt to give me some credit (not really necessary because translation is just very minor part of the code and work)
advice gratefully received! i will take a look at all this before I publish the update. thanks again!
correction: (last for this whole topic, I swear)
ADD ‘Foe Services Labs’ to Contributors …
Thanks for being so open 🙂
I think i’ve followed all your suggestions if you want to check the DEV again.
Seriously, thanks for all this
I am very sorry but I found 3 more strings that needed translation support + translation.
This is definitely running smoothly, is 100% translated and ready for release.
I am very happy to help. Just keep an eye on https://translate.foe-services.de . I hope it will grow and pick up more and more projects.
Thank you for the pretty useful functionality.
ok, that’s in place in the dev too if you want to take a pass again
line 87 – 109 have changed in the last package.
Please copy them because of the gettext code
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Translation support’ is closed to new replies.