Transferring wordpress to a shared host with multiple site capability
I have been having problems with my hosting company as i get server error when on wp-admin but site runs well, since we havent been able to fix the problem i decided to move my site to another host where i have a plan that can accommodate multiple site because i already have a site on that host.
This are the steps i took.
1. copied all my files from the file manager of the site
2. exported my database
3. created an addon domain on the new host
4. created a database
5. imported my database into the newly created database
6. copied my files to the root of the addon domain
7. editted my wp-config with the new database and username and password of the new host.
this is how far i have gone, now i dont know if thats all i have to do before changing the name server on my domain.
But i went ahead and changed the nameserver from my domain which is hosted by the company who couldnt fix my problem, but its pass 24hrs after i updated the name server and the site is still loading from the old host.
I tried to complain to the old host but they will not answer me since i am transferring from them.
so i was trying to know why, i have a domain which i havent setup yet, so i went to update the domains nameserver to my host and updated the addon domain to the domain’s name, voila it loaded my site but not the site on the new host funny the domain redirects to my old domain.
i went ahead to add
to the wp-config but still redirects to the old domain.
I am thinking maybe i could have installed wordpress on the addon domain before copying my files in?
or what im i doing wrong? this is my first time of doing this, the person who offers to help is charging too high and i feel i can do it with a support community like this.
- The topic ‘Transferring wordpress to a shared host with multiple site capability’ is closed to new replies.