Is there an easier way to map these domains? So far every tutorial I've found doesn't match up to what I'm seeing in my actual install of WordPress. I'm trying to create a multisite for a network of affiliated performers, but this seems near impossible lol.
First, a couple of things:
1) In WordPress 3.6, the role of SuperAdmin doesn't exist anymore (it's now called Network Admin)
2) My settings panel under "Network Admin" has these selections:
- Network Settings
- Network Setup
- Domain Mapping
3) In "Domain Mapping" I have my server IP address listed, and perm redirect and user domain mapped selected
4) In "Domains" no matter what I enter, once I save the page refreshes and no content is displayed nor a message saying anything happened
5) I seem to have no options to set a primary domain
6) My host is WebFaction. With this host, the website creation process is broken up into 3 sections:
- First add the domain(s) to your account
- Second, create an application (Static PHP/ WordPress/ Etc)
- Finally, create a website by merging the domain with the application information
7) I can see all of the sites I've created via "Sites>Add New" under "Sites>All Sites"
8) The Master site is "thehivenet.com"
9) The children (subdomains) are:
10) Each subdomain SEEMS to be going to it's correct multisite install, however I'm still at a loss on how this plug-in helps me to get the children:
To be accessible via their actual PURCHASED URL, AND renamed in the address bar. In this case, that would be:
Was my problem outlined clear enough???