I have set the title of posts like: post_title | blog_title
but it doesn’t show blog title at all and i had to enter something instead of blog_title manually to show. I think its a bug and should be solved. I have seen that some other users faced this problem too.
What’s your site? I can’t tell whether or not titles are being rewritten properly without seeing it.
I had set it up as i wanted, but what i said was a bug that it doesn’t add blog title automatically and i entered it manually. Another user is reported it yet..
Ok; but that still doesn’t help me troubleshoot your bug.
That i have too, in post title i changed to %post_title% | %blog_title% and after upgrade to latest version, it shows –# if there are – in name or another type of symbol.
Try deleting the plugin and reinstalling it; let me know if that fixes your issue.
If i deactivate and delete and reinstall it, will my problem fixed too? I should configure it again and it needs time. How can i make a backup from my settings to import it after reinstalling?
I don’t know if it will solve your issue, because you may not have the same issue. You can try it, however, and you won’t lose your settings by doing this.
First of all I want to thank you for your time and effort that you put into developing your plugin. I will definitely donate, nothing to retire on, but every little bit helps.
My site http://imperialstorage.com/ is not showing the page title and the description correctly in the Google serp compared to what it is in the All In One SEO Plugin. Additionally, the page tab shows the correct title, and the SEO Quake Diagnostic tool returns the correct title and description.
It appears that Google is changing the title and description at will, scraping text off the site. Would you please be so kind and inform me how I can correct this issue, or if I am correct in thinking that it is Google making changes as they see fit.
If you want to see a serp, just Google “storage port coquitlam” or “storage coquitlam” and I am happy to say that we come up first in the local and global search results. I know that in the local search results Google has always changed the title, however this issue is affecting my global result. I am not sure, but this issue may have been triggered by the last wordpress update (which I performed yesterday). I also forced the Google bot to re-crawl my site without any change to the title or description.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. So far our standing in the search results have not been affected, but over time they may decline due to this issue.
Google has always generated their own descriptions at will and there is no way to stop them doing that. More recently we’ve seen Google start to generate titles as well although I don’t believe this is what is happening with your site. I think that what’s happening with your site is that Google has not reindexed your pages since you changed the Meta Titles. You can check this by opening Google Chrome, going to google.com and entering this text in the search box –
This will return only content they are indexing from your site. Now click on Search Tools in the menu bar at the top of the search results and create a date filter using a custom range for the last six months. You’ll see that Google will now only display results for content it has indexed during that time period. It will display the date when it indexed each page. It looks like they last indexed one page from your site on September 24. Before that they indexed two pages on September 21st.
If you changed your title of any page since the date they last indexed that page then Google will not have picked up on those changes yet.
I hope this helps.
Thank-you for taking the time to respond to my question. The title and description change occurred just within the last couple of days. Prior to that it was correct. I actually checked my screenshots that I take for various search results, and the last screenshot was dated Aug 27, and it showed the correct Title and Description. The main page title and description have not changed in the last six months.
I have been checking our ranking pretty well on a daily basis, and have not noticed the change until yesterday. The title and description change occurred after I updated WordPress to the latest version, and all of the plugins.
I did not change the title or description on the main page, which is the main landing page. However, I did add titles and descriptions to the remaining pages yesterday just after the update.
I uninstalled and re-installed the All In One SEO Plugin this morning.
I may be wrong but it may have been triggered by the update.
I mirrored the settings of the plugin as per this setting guide :
Yesterday, I filled out the Title, Description, and Home Keywords within the All In One SEO Pack Plugin Options page (the general settings page that opens up when you click “SEO” on the upper black bar).
For the last six months I had the Title, Description and Keywords filled out at the bottom of my main home page. I did not change this.
Could it be that the two descriptions are interfering with one another?
Any help is extremely appreciated (while I still have some hair left)
If you had multiple Meta Titles and Meta Descriptions on your page then that would cause problems. Please let me clarify though that this is not an issue with WordPress or All in One SEO Pack, as long as you see the correct Meta Title and Meta Description being output to your source code then All in One SEO Pack is doing it’s job. This is a problem with Google crawling your site and updating it’s index. Just because you created Meta Titles and Meta Descriptions does not mean that Google has seen them and correctly indexed them.
Thanks wpsmort, I am happy to report that Google has re-indexed the pages and everything is back to normal, and I actually still have a few strands of hair left.
- The topic ‘Title of posts don't show as i set’ is closed to new replies.