Okay guys, this is driving me insane.
I have a WP install that will NOT interpret time zone correctly. Despite being set to Central time (UTC-6), it publishes posts on UTC. For example, a post scheduled for 4:30am publishes at 10:30pm the night before. I have tried absolutely everything I can think of, including a fresh install and importing the posts.
Here are the things I’ve tried:
- Fresh WP install (and of course it’s set to the right timezone in Settings – General)
- Disabling all plugins
- Using Twenty Eleven
- Manually setting the timezone in functions.php
- Manually setting the timezone in wp-settings.php
- Toggling timezone and permalinks
- Deleting .htaccess
- Server is set for CST and no other site on the server has this problem
- Server’s php.ini is set to the right timezone
I really don’t know what else to try and it’s driving me crazy. I downloaded the Core Control plugin and I noticed that the wp-cron hook
publish_future_postis missing the function
check_and_publish_future_post(). It’s just blank. So I’m not sure why that’s happening or how to fix it; replacing wp-cron with a fresh one didn’t fix the problem.
So it’s not theme specific, it’s not plugin specific, and it’s not server specific. I don’t know what else to do! Is there anything else I can try to get this working?
- The topic ‘Timezone refuses to update no matter what I do’ is closed to new replies.