Timezone Correction: Nightmare in the making
I was looking @ the timezone correction settings on my site, and adjusted it to match (I moved WP off my dev server to the production server). The posts were listing the old times still – I had not adjusted the timezone the first time.
I then realized that it was statically rendering the dates per post! This is a potential nightmare, and I contend that NO correction is better than static correction.
This should be quite easy to fix (I’ve done it before). As for upgrades, we can have the installer prompt the user for their currently set offset (or the one stored, after a confirmation) and the script can subtract the previously set static offsets. Then it will be compliant with current settings.
Note: This will neccessitate that dates drawn from the DB come out GMT and nothing else.
- The topic ‘Timezone Correction: Nightmare in the making’ is closed to new replies.